Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Omkara re Omakara

Lovely Dobriyaal , I would say. His face , his expressions were a delight, he is so damn good, he can teach everybody a damn good acting lesson. What with bigies like Naseeruddin Shah doing every other role. I forget the last time Naseer enacted a character, he was so bound in Iqbaal as well. I just remember masoom, and all these Krish and every other forgettable role he does, helps me forget the magic of Masoom.

I don’t know why good acting is so rare in movies, it leaves you thirsty for a performance and every time one comes by I cling to the memory and impressions of it created by it in my head for as long as possible. Last I remember was Rajapal Yadav in Main meri Patni, I treasure Indian characters more as I identify naturally with them…

As for Devgan , nothing outstanding, but better than Apaharan , he was the sore point in Apaharan. Apaharan was more entertaining when I saw it, because of such fast paced entertaining reporting of those incidents in Bihar, but the characters not well sketched or well enacted, Ajay was flailing embarrassingly with his make do Bhojpuri, even Bipasha was better than him.

As for Saif, this is his best role ever, but I hope he doesn’t get a national award for this one cause he already got one where he didn’t deserve; for some candy floss.

Kareeena was good, not that she had much to do I guess, but for whatver she had , she did it considering that she is the POOOOO from Kabhi khushi …….., big diff, unrecognizable.

Vivek ya , as it is his role was supposed to be just another gullible idiot I guess, then i guess he can be forgiven.

But man is Saif lucky … lovely character, and he does it so well, the scene where he is swaying his palms in front of Raju, loveable character. You know we were told the protagonist is the one who moves the story forward, I think it is Saif in this case. If it weren’t to the beautiful establishment of this one character, everything would have collapsed, or become just another conniving villain aka Pran, Prem etc. Its true this movie is about Omakra, but very quietly Langda Tyagi shoulders Omakara’s onus.

No comments:

Post a Comment