Friday, June 16, 2006

Yeah i am busy, bye

Listen, when I said, ”Yeah I am busy, bye”, all I wanted to really say was as follows:

I aint busy working my ass off, like you do, I aint busy spending my time chatting with the 100 people on my list, fooling myself that they are so fun to chat to, I aint busy exercising my charms and my good natured-ness on some fellow without ever actually giving a dime about them, just like you do, I aint busy just enjoying every mundane moment of the corporate environment around me.

But I am busy, untroubled in my cocoon, gobbling up new books, new movies, learning from them, changing with them, partaking a part of me the last time I read catcher in the rye, and discover something within me when tears warm my face, when I watch Dancer in the dark, busy turning the lines and recreating the image from the God of small things.
I am occupied … with things which are cherished by me, maybe in some time a void will appear, a void created by people left behind, but I guess that void is always there, and I would rather leave parts of it empty than let worms crawl into it.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah you would do sweetie. I hope you are not biased. I have been more than once tempted to not share this wonderful piece online :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. eggjjactly.. what i mean. .when i say "I am busy doing nothing!!"

    brilliant flow of thought.. with the innocence of a child.. but the maturity of a chipmunk...brilliant

    may/may-not reply to your response..
    yeah i may be busy too, bye!! :D

    ReplyDelete