Saturday, April 22, 2006

Rang De Basanti

I get it, its all the fatasising element which drives one crazy,

Answer fight club, if I look at it, I am swept alongwith it, it sings, its fantastic, hail David Fyncher !!!, hail chuck Palahnuik !! , hail everybody in the movie, idolize it, see it again, because it speaks of something that is repressed in me, something that I feel surprised that why everyone is not talking of.

I guess it’s a similar case with RDB it’s your views stretched and brought to completion in a way that leads for those who are already with the characters to identify with them, and feel that every bit of it was very much happening, a fantastic happening. These are things which are very possible if you let one emotion rule over you, but time and other menial tasks of the day, and the best of all

I just remembered, a friend at college had once remarked to me, that why movies like X-Men or any superman are such huge hits, primarily because they echo our hidden desires.., our fantasy, though I had strongly scoffed at the idea, as obviously I never sat and dreamt of me flying across seas, lifting houses, but with time I realized, it was the irrational desires hidden in our subconscious that she was referring to.

No comments:

Post a Comment